Principal Engineer, Infrastructure & Highways team
We invite you to bring your experience of Principal Engineer into play as you manage project costs against target costs and administer change control procedures in accordance with agreed scope of service. To succeed in this role you must have gained full membership of an appropriate professional institution, good degree in Civil engineering (or equivalent) ideally with Civil Engineering Meng. Are you our new Principal Engineer? Click the apply-button to send your application.
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions aim to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
You will join our Transport department
As our new Principal Engineer, Infrastructure & Highways team you will be part of Infrastructure & Highways team in our Chester Office. Ramboll operations a flexible working policy, and with this you will be part of an exciting team of experts, who respects each other and works towards a common goal.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Coordinate project research including site surveys and site inspections
- Prepare bid and contract documentation
- Prove ability in financial arrangements for projects including fee forecasting, fee preparation, and allocation
- Apply and promote policies relating to health and safety (including CDM Regulations), quality, and training
- Provide guidance, instruct, motivate, and manage assigned staff on the project
- Responsible for the competency assessment of staff involved in the project
- Ability to organize and conduct several activities simultaneously
- Establishing relationships with individuals from other organizations, generating market intelligence and new business opportunities
- Able to prepare single discipline bid documentation (in association with other disciplines)
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- BEng/MEng (Hons) Degree in Civil Engineering
- Chartered Engineer or Incorporated Engineer, MICE.
- Good working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Experience or knowledge of resourcing, progress measurement, earned value analysis, completion forecasting and status reporting
- A confident and professional manner, coupled with excellent communication skills, with clients and colleagues alike, to ensure clarity in all situations and to effectively influence
- Ability to work well under pressure and proven ability to deliver to deadlines
- Full UK driving license
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include:
Will have a proven record as a competent Project Manager on a number of projects, with an ability to communicate material of a specialist or highly technical nature clearly, and to be recognized as able to influence people (staff and clients) Understanding of the company business plan.
Welcome to our Transport division
Ramboll is a global transportation consultancy and we work on some of the biggest and most innovative infrastructure projects in the world. We are close to 3,000 bright minds working within Transport worldwide, creating practical, sustainable and economic solutions for national transport authorities, private contractors and municipalities alike.
Ramboll in the United Kingdom
Ramboll is ranked a Top 10 consultant in the UK and has 1,300 bright minds working across 17 offices to apply their passion to deliver innovative solutions across Buildings, Transport, Environment & Health and Energy. We love seeing our talents develop and succeed and you will have opportunities to work on challenging and inspiring projects within an environment that is friendly, open and supportive.
You must have the right to work in the UK.
Ramboll UK is an equal opportunities employer.
How to apply
Apply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application.