Senior Fire Engineer
We invite you to bring your fire engineering expertise into play as you will be working on a variety of local, national and international projects covering education, health, infrastructure, energy, transport, buildings residential, commercial, cultural, sports and leisure work sectors amongst others being a part of the Fire Engineering team. To succeed in this role, you must have 2-5 years’ experience in a consultancy or similar environment. Are you our new Senior Fire Engineer? Click the apply-button to send your application.
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions aim to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
You will join our fire department
As our new Senior Fire Engineer you will be part of the Manchester team which is currently working with a number of high profile architects on a strong portfolio of Local, National and International projects. The Fire Engineering team has a diverse workload covering education, health, infrastructure, energy, transport, buildings, residential, commercial, cultural, sports and leisure work sectors amongst others. Ideally, we are looking for an engineer capable of successfully leading and managing projects to quality and financial systems, develops excellent relationships with Clients and the project team, has great design ability, and is ambitious to develop management skills.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Form part of the project team on a range of different projects, and being able to work self-reliantly with support by the wider fire engineering team as necessary
- Work on a diverse, exciting and range of projects from concept fire strategy development through to handing over projects in the built environment
- Understand and be learned to implement the principle of fire science on real projects via the engineering process (goals, objectives, building appraisal and hazards, design fire scenarios etc)
- Understand the total fire concept: from the client brief through to construction and operation
- Take a role in project management responsibilities on projects
- In collaboration with the rest of the design team develop and implement fire strategies
- Perform tasks ranging from undertaking individual risks assessments, fire engineered analysis including means of escape calculations and smoke modeling through to creating fire strategies for whole buildings and other structures and work safely on site to observe fire strategy implementation and understanding fire safety operations and management in buildings
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- Degree in fire engineering or equivalent
- Typically, 2-5 years’ experience in a consultancy or similar environment
- Experience in delivering fire engineered solutions for UK based projects is desirable
- Be aware of appropriate legislation and design guidance for use in the UK
- Clearly understand the total fire concept: from the client brief through to construction and operation
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include:
- Excellent report writing and communication skills
- Being collaborative, creative and engaging
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently, working to tight deadlines and juggling multiple demands
Welcome to our Buildings division
As one of the top 10 building designers in the world, Ramboll works on more than 10,000 building projects each year. 4,000 experts across the world specialise in creating more innovative, sustainable and liveable buildings. We place particular emphasis on our liveable buildings concept where we balance the cultural, social and physical values of buildings, to improve the quality of life for building users.
Ramboll in the United Kingdom
Ramboll is ranked a Top 10 consultant in the UK and has 1,300 bright minds working across 17 offices to apply their passion to deliver innovative solutions across Buildings, Transport, Environment & Health and Energy. We love seeing our talents develop and succeed and you will have opportunities to work on challenging and inspiring projects within an environment that is friendly, open and supportive.
How to apply
Apply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application.