Internship - Site Solutions
Ramboll US Corporation (Ramboll) is a leading provider of scientific and regulatory environmental consulting services to clients in both the private and public sectors. As such, Ramboll has earned a reputation as a leader in the areas of environmental risk assessment and management, strategic compliance management and environmental liability.
An 8- to 12-week long internship program is scheduled for the summer of 2019 in the firm’s Irvine or Los Angeles, California office. Each participant will be assigned a mentor who will guide them through project assignments and responsibilities.
The purpose of this program is to allow the internship participants to gain hands-on experience working in the health and environmental field of site characterization and remediation. The goal of the summer program is to give the intern a better understanding of how we provide solutions to our clients’ complicated environmental and health and safety concerns.
Typical responsibilities may include:
- Performing environmental field sampling including soil, soil gas, groundwater, surface water and indoor air
- Overseeing monitoring well installation and development
- Conducting air monitoring and indoor air quality analysis
- Reviewing and summarizing regulatory requirements
- Evaluating and tabulating data for inclusion in technical reports
- Preparing draft sections of reports
- Participating on project teams, evaluating remediation and environmental control technologies, and developing plans for site remediation
- Developing or using spreadsheets to estimate risk from exposure to various compounds
- At least a junior level standing while pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study such as Chemical, Environmental, and Civil Engineering, Geology, and/or Hydrogeology. Candidates pursuing a Master’s degree in such fields will also be considered.
- Excellent written and oral communication, quantitative, and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical abilities
- Strong computing skills including solid spreadsheet and word processing skills
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License and reliable form of transportation. The successful candidate will need to provide evidence of a good driving record (MVR) and proof of personal insurance coverage.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER training a plus, or will be provided prior to the internship start date.
- Database (e.g., ACCESS) and GIS or AutoCAD skills
- Ability to drive, travel and/or perform field work out of the office approximately 75% of the time.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
- Must be able to perform the following actions while conducting fieldwork: stooping/kneeling/crouching, standing for long periods of time, pulling/pushing and lifting equipment and supplies, walking on uneven terrain.
- Ability to work in outdoor environments and hot/arid conditions.
- Ability and willingness to work in proximity to loud noises and hazards (i.e., proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, and exposure to chemicals, fumes, odors, dusts, and gases). Worker may be required to wear a respirator. Proper training and protective equipment will be provided as necessary.
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Arbejdssted Los Angeles, CA