Ramboll is a leading engineering, design and consultancy company constantly striving to achieve inspiring and exacting solutions that make a genuine difference to our customers, end-users and society as a whole. We acknowledge that our solutions depend on the creativity, insight and integrity of our employees. Therefore, we empower the people within our organization, welcome their individual differences and enable them to work in multi-talented teams to produce inspired solutions.
Ramboll US Corporation is seeking a full-time consultant to join the St Louis, Missouri, office. Typical responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with development of comprehensive site or facility investigations by participating in scope of work development, field work, and data analysis to characterize chemicals in soil, sediments, surface water, groundwater, air, and building surfaces
- Installation of monitoring wells and soil borings, characterization of lithology, collection of soil, sediment, surface water and groundwater samples, collection of ambient air and soil vapor samples, etc.
- Evaluation of environmental data to support environmental fate and transport assessments and extent and magnitude of contamination determinations for the evaluation of site closure options
- Preparation of air permit applications and air emissions calculations
- Rule research and interpretation
- Working with clients to develop project air data, documentation and reports
- Site visits to industrial facilities
- Regulatory compliance reporting and air emission inventories
- Special projects as directed
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Good time management
- Detail oriented
- Active listener
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Enjoy working outdoors
- Ability to travel up to 30% (on average) over the year. Travel may include overnight stay and may be out of state. Travel duration may range from one to several days dependent upon the specific requirements of each project.
- Minimum of a BS in Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Geology, Hydrogeology or a related discipline
- 3 - 5 years of work or directly related experience
- Classwork or experience with fate and transport, hydraulic, and/or hydrogeological modelling and GIS mapping a plus
- Knowledge of air permitting and modeling
- Experience with state air permitting and federal Clean Air Act regulations such as New Source Performance Standards and Maximum Achievable Control Technology standards a plus
- The physical requirements of this position may include the need for climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing/sitting/walking, pushing/pulling, and lifting. In certain situations, this position may expose the candidate to extremes in weather (hot/cold); high noise levels, to hazards such as a proximity to moving machine parts and moving vehicles, electrical current and exposure to chemicals. Employees may be required to take specific training and to wear personal protective equipment on some occasions.
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Arbejdssted St. Louis, MO