Junior Surveyor - Civil
Your responsibilities as Junior Surveyor – Civil
- work under the direction of Senior surveyor or PM or team lead and adjust and operate surveying instruments in offshore and onshore.
- Assist Lead Surveyor and Surveyors in supervising the survey and positioning activities on assigned offshore construction and/or inspection projects undertaken by company
- Assist in provision of technical advice and technical expertise to solve survey related questions or problems within the team.
- Assist in project preparation including logistical planning and execution.
- Review operations within area of expertise to determine technical compliance to project requirements.
- Monitors quality of field reports from survey vessels.
- Review final reports from contractors.
- Participate in offshore operations.
- Support office data processing task
You and your competencies
- Degree/Diploma in Civil engineer or Survey Engineering.
- Formal training in surveying, surveying technology, or a related field that will provide the knowledge base of geometry, engineering and trigonometry required for this job.
- Up to 5 years’ experience is preferable however, fresh graduate can also be considered.
- Computer literacy, including use of AutoCad and Microsoft Office Suite software.
- Surveyor assistants must enjoy working outside and be able to work in all types of weather. They must also be able to stand for long periods of time and climb terrain with heavy packs of instruments.
- Surveyor assistants must also be able to analyze and interpret the data gathered in the field, which does not always fit together perfectly.
- Willing to work offshore, onshore, travel and relocate.
- Able to communicate at a reasonable level in the English Language.
Ramboll is a leading engineering, design and consultancy company founded in Denmark in 1945. The company employs more than 13,000 experts globally and has especially strong representation in the Nordics, UK, North America, Continental Europe, Middle East and Asia-Pacific. With 300 offices in 35 countries, Ramboll combines local experience with a global knowledgebase constantly striving to achieve inspiring and exacting solutions that make a genuine difference to our clients, the end-users, and society at large. Ramboll works across the following markets: Buildings, Transport, Planning & Urban Design, Water, Environment & Health, Energy and Management Consulting. More information available at www.ramboll.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Working at Ramboll
To work at Ramboll means being part of a people organisation. We are focused on knowledge sharing and collaboration across competence areas and geography, and we aim for a strong diversity among our employees. This enables us to solve a broad range of projects, and we firmly believe that cross-collaboration leads to creative and longstanding solutions. Thus, the possibilities at Ramboll are many and diverse –we invest a lot in development of people and offer career paths tailored for everyone.